Software Engineer 1 
# 2018 batch
- BE/BTech (CS/IT) OR
- ME/MTech (CS/IT) OR
- MCA [with BCA or BSc (CS/IT) in graduation]
# Good academics (60% throughout)
# Good pH score
# No active backlogs
# No of Positions: 100
Job Description :
# Gather Software requirements (~15%)
- Elicit requirements from onsite team and customer team
- Review User Stories and create software development tasks
- Participate in daily project team huddles and attend daily calls with the onsite team and customer to understand business needs
# Develop architecture design (~20%)
- Develop iterative prototypes and analyze various upstream data sources
- Prepare approach document based on the business needs
- Identify design alternatives and conduct technical feasibility
- Develop proof of concepts for technical evaluation and early customer feedback
- Develop database schema and document other architectural dependencies for a reliable, scalable, and optimal solution
- Develop algorithms to convert functional specifications into software design
# Application development using Microsoft SQL Server, SQL Server BI tools, Power BI, Microsoft Azure, SharePoint Online, and C# (~35%)
- Write Frontend and Backend code as per the approach document
- Test the solution at the unit level
- Develop, maintain, and enhance web applications using latest frameworks and libraries
- Develop, maintain, and enhance unit test suites to verify the accuracy of ETL processes, dimensional data, OLAP cubes and various forms of BI content including reports, dashboards, and analytical models
- Analyze the reports generated by the tools and incorporate the changes/ results
- Conduct peer code reviews and external code reviews using Git and Visual Studio Online
- Generate and deploy daily builds for verification and customer review
# Business Intelligence (BI) application testing (~20%)
- Ensure the consistency between the defined requirements, the implementation of the business logic at the database layer, and the user’s experience in interacting with that data
- Work closely with BI, DW, and DB developers to understand, analyze, make solution recommendations and define alternate strategy for data design, ETL processes, and unit testing of data
- Write relational and multidimensional database queries to validate the solution
- Debug, monitor, and troubleshoot BI solutions
- Verification Automation framework development using Selenium and other tools
# Training and certifications (~10%)
- Participate in technical study groups
- Complete Microsoft certifications like MCSE: Data Management and Analytics, MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure, and MCSA: Machine Learning
- Complete MOOC courses from Coursera and edX along with other in-house courses
# Candidates who can immediately join need only apply.
Salary : ? 5,00,000
Event Date : 17 Aug 2018
Last Date : 15 Aug 2018
Job Location : Hyderabad / Mumbai
Experience Required : Fresher
Search the below mentioned link to apply this job:
About the company:
MAQ Software delivers innovative software solutions for Fortune 500 companies. Our solutions use Big Data and advanced Business Intelligence features of SQL Server, AI and Cognitive Services including Azure Machine Learning, the latest cloud computing trends including Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure and the latest form factors such as iOS and Android.
The company has been closely aligned with Microsoft Corporation for the past sixteen years. We are a Microsoft Gold Partner for Data Analytics, Application Development, and Data Platform. In addition, MAQ Software is a Consulting Partner for Amazon Web Services.
Recently, MAQ Software was honored for the 9th time as one of America’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies by Inc. magazine. Less than 1% of Inc. 5000 companies demonstrate sustained growth by appearing nine or more times.
As part of our fast-paced team, you will help deliver over 100 software solutions every year in an agile and fast-paced manner. As a part of the software development organization, you will get a great exposure to multiple projects using the latest technologies. The company employs over 500 people in three engineering centers located in Redmond, WA, and India (Hyderabad and Mumbai).
As a key member of a dynamic and fast-moving team, you will take part in sprint planning, product definition, and software implementation. This role provides a unique opportunity to be involved with every aspect of a software development project throughout its development life cycle. Our developers gather requirements, design code, test, engage in task management, and deliver end-to-end solutions to customers. This role includes all the technical challenges associated with ensuring project delivery on fast-paced projects.
Examples of some of our projects:
- One of our clients has recently made huge investments in marketing and sales using social media platforms such as Facebook and Twitter. The client wants to see which of these social networks are producing positive outcomes and providing key opportunities. The data is the entire universe of social data, and reports need to mine through each entry to identify strengths and weaknesses. The consolidated, cleaned and transformed data needs to be presented using interactive Power BI visualization.
- Display web site traffic data for ten million users per day. To display the web traffic pattern, you need to evaluate front end technology alternatives (native HTML5 controls or PowerBI and so on). Some of your considerations will be development and testing effort, browser compatibility, responsive UI, rendering speed, database connectivity and load time. You have to come up with the optimal approach and implement it within three weeks. Some of the tools used are Visual Studio Online and SQL Server 2016.
- For another client, we developed a Business Intelligence solution to pull high volume data (more than 150 million rows) from source tables to a staging environment efficiently. We developed visually rich reports that allow business users to analyze the data from a different perspective and do what-if analysis based on business needs. We developed ETL packages to pull a high volume of data in 30 minutes and developed reports using HTML5-based controls with optimal page performance.